Creative Learning Opportunities
Creative Learning offers Work Experience Week at the Churchill Theatre to coincide with Creative Learning Week, an opportunity for students to experience what it’s like to work behind the scenes in a professional theatre.
We are pleased to release the details for our annual Work Experience Programme 2018, which will run from Monday 9th - Sunday 15th July 2018. Applicants must be available to work the weekend and some late evenings.
We are only able to offer very limited places. Due to the high volume of requests and to ensure we show equity for all applications, our process is as follows:
- Students must apply themselves (if a student needs any additional support with applying, please let us know) by sending in a CV and a covering letter which includes clearly stating their school, year group and normal place of residence. We prefer that these are emailed to Ellie Short: email@example.com
- We also would like to know why they have chosen to apply to the Churchill Theatre in particular for their Work Experience, what skills and experience they can bring to a busy theatre environment.
- An interest in acting and performing is useful; however this placement covers all aspects of working in a professional theatre. Applicants purely interested in performing should research our Young Company details.
- The dates are fixed; we are unable to offer any placements on different dates of the year.
- There is a possibility that we will need to hold a recruitment workshop which you must be available to attend. The date will be confirmed by November 2017. We will not be able to confirm if you have been accepted onto the programme until after this workshop.
Please send your application before Friday 15th December 2017 to be considered to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications after this date will be placed on a waiting list. Applications will be reviewed and emails sent out to successful candidates early in 2018. The application process is extremely competitive, and due to the high numbers we receive we are sorry but won’t be contacting unsuccessful applicants.
There are currently no open jobs within Creative Learning.
If you are a producer, director, writer or company and want to get your work programmed in the Churchill Theatre Studio, please contact Creative Learning Manager Kiaran Hall: email@example.com or call 020 8290 8210.